Re: Request for GNOME2.8 inclusion: Cantus 3

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 07:15, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> As a side note, I don't feel Cantus would fit nicely as a GNOME core
> app, it wouldn't be useful to a large number of people, especially if
> Rhythmbox is part of GNOME 2.8 and can be used for basic tag editing.
> And last time I tried it, it wasn't the kind of lightweight and easy to
> use app I expect to find in GNOME. I'm not the one making the decision
> anyway, and I think it's far too early for 2.8 module proposal, I guess
> there will be plenty of time to discuss the advantages and drawbacks of
> having Cantus in GNOME a bit later in the release process.

Seconded.  This really doesn't have any purpose for the vast majority of
people.  This app also would have no advantage to being in the core
GNOME desktop.  It makes a lot more sense to keep it as a third-party
(fifth toe, perhaps?) package.

Or perhaps GNOME can start shipping a "GNOME Extras" release, which are
apps that otherwise follow the GNOME release guidelines (thus ensuring
high quality) but which aren't part of the *core* desktop and
applications.

> Christophe
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.