Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 04:07, Vincent Untz wrote:
> On Mar 17 août 2004 3:13, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> > On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 20:33, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> >>
> >> Well, and why can't the current g-s-t network tool/backends be the base
> >> for this?
> >
> > It doesn't do the same thing - the way the network config stuff in
> > NetworkManager works is that the system asks the current user session
> > for the info. So your wireless essid and encryption key for example are
> > in ~/.gconf
>
> I'm wondering how this will work with two users sharing the same
> computer (supposing we have the fast-user switching applet, e.g.)?
> Will a user lose his connection when his session is not "active"?

If the other user configured a different network connection, then
likely.  Obviously not all users would have the ability to reconfigure
network settings, so if you have setup your machine for multiple users,
you'd likely only give yourself access to change the main system
parameters.  These sorts of features are the ones that are ideal for
single user machines (which are the vast majority of home machines).

> Vincent
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.