Re: Why gnome-system-tools aren't included yet [Was: Re: new modulesconsensus]

El mar, 17-08-2004 a las 09:34 -0400, Sean Middleditch escribió:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 04:07, Vincent Untz wrote:

> > > It doesn't do the same thing - the way the network config stuff in
> > > NetworkManager works is that the system asks the current user session
> > > for the info. So your wireless essid and encryption key for example are
> > > in ~/.gconf
> >
> > I'm wondering how this will work with two users sharing the same
> > computer (supposing we have the fast-user switching applet, e.g.)?
> > Will a user lose his connection when his session is not "active"?
>
> If the other user configured a different network connection, then
> likely.  Obviously not all users would have the ability to reconfigure
> network settings, so if you have setup your machine for multiple users,
> you'd likely only give yourself access to change the main system
> parameters.  These sorts of features are the ones that are ideal for
> single user machines (which are the vast majority of home machines).

I don't know if exist such study, but at least in Chile, is not common
have more than one machine per family.  So, there are at least 3 or 4
users in home machines.  I guess is not quite different in Latin
America.

--
Germán Poó Caamaño
http://www.ubiobio.cl/~gpoo/