Re: Proposed: gnome-volume-manager

On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 11:45:18PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Andrew Sobala">
> > * Requires user to enter command lines to run programs.  [ This can be
> > fixed in the long term with an fd.o "Application capabilities" spec, but
> > not for GNOME 2.8]
>
> Totally. This is a great start, and can be fixed easily enough in later
> iterations.

I'm still not convinced by this. Shouldn't most of the content of the
g-v-m capplet be subsumed into preferred applications or another
existing capplet? The fact that we already have both "File types and
programs" and "Preferred applications" is crack enough, there shouldn't
be yet a third place to have to choose what programs I want run when.
This stuff really should Just Work.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59 srcf ucam org