Re: Objections [Was: GNOME System Monitor will use libgnomesu]

<quote who="Hongli Lai">

> Murray Cumming wrote:
> >So please do make the use of libgnomesu optional at compile-time.
>
> Or better: optional at runtime. Inform the user that he has to install a
> library to be able to renice processes as non-root.

Sorry:

  "You cannot do this because you don't have something you don't understand,
  nor do you understand how to fix it because we can't describe a useful way
  to fix it that will work on every distribution we support. Um, thanks."

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: Stuttgart, Germany                      http://2005.guadec.org/

   "This is the new dividing line in public life. It is not a question of
    Left versus Right, but a struggle between insiders and outsiders." -
                                Mark Latham