Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 04:14 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
<SNIP>
> Regardless of the fact that you've now reduced the only version number that
> matters (upstream source tarball version) of these theme engines?

I don't understand the versioning argument. AFAIK so has there never
been a release of gtk-engines width a higher version number than the
current one (which if there has been would be a problem).

The version number of gnome-themes which I sometime skimming this thread
get a feeling you are comparing the gtk-engines version number with is
not really relevant IMHO. What needs to be done is a) make sure the SPEC
file (or .deb definition) of gnome-themes relies on a new enough version
of gtk-engines (one that have all the engines that used to be in gtk-
engines). The gtk-engines package needs to be marked as conflicting with
gnome-themes package below this version number.

This way when you apt-get upgrade either the gtk-engines or the gnome-
themes package you get a compatible versions of both packages installed.

Christian