Re: Proposal: gnome-main-menu for inclusion in GNOME 2.18

Hi,

Steve Frécinaux wrote:
> Martin Ejdestig wrote:
>> On Fri, 2006-10-20 at 13:11 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
>>> The menu thing looks like the Mac menu, but doesn't
>>> behave anything like the real thing does on Mac OS.
>> And the slab thing looks like Windows' start menu but doesn't behave
>> anything like the "real thing" on Windows. Or did I miss something? :)
>
> Note that I'm not using MacOS, nor am I using Windows.
>
> I'm perfectly fine with the current "gnome-y" menu applet and don't want
> to see it replaced, that's all.

I don't have a huge desire for change either.

We seem to change the menu layout in pretty much every GNOME minor release that
we've created. That's churn every 6 months. What makes you think that slab is
any better? How long has it soaked in a Novell release?

[or is this an excuse to avoid having to maintain code specific to Novell? - a
'yes' answer is fine, I can appreciate that desire...]

Glynn