Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

Hi Michael,

i read this list with interest because its a controversial topic. What
i want to know: lets take the approach and rename all master-branches
to something different. Anyone thought about that this will lead to
more usage of master than it is used now? People will come up in
IRC and will ask where is the master branch. And you have to discuss
this probably with every newcomer that we changed it because master
is not inclusive enough. And then you have to discuss the same topic
with every newcomer exactly like it is discussed here.

You even have to write it down on newcomer landing pages. "Our master
branch is called mainline because ..."

I think this change will pull the word more in the middle then in the
background.

Just my 2 cents

Günther