Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 12:22 AM, Tristan Van Berkom <tristan vanberkom codethink co uk> wrote:
We should also not show favoritism of one set of cultural values over
another, I feel that censorship to this degree is a very western
concept which we should not lend any credit to. Ask has already pointed out that the possible offensiveness of the word 'master' on it's own is even more particular to the USA, I cannot speak to the veracity of this
but I do suspect that this is pandering specifically to US
sensitivities, which I also do not agree with.

It's not a "US sensitivity," it's really not. I assure you this proposal is wildly farfetched by US standards. I know it is intended as a serious proposal, but it reads more as joke or parody and as such it's really, really hard to take seriously.

Michael