Re: new gnome-session logout

Jacob Berkman <jberkman@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

> > Jacob> So, it seems that named sessions would be nice.
> >
> > I've also thought about implementing per-display sessions as a special
> > case of this.
>
> But actually... at school we have the clusters, and so people do not
> always log in to the same computer anyway.  So if GNOME were running on
> them, then this per-display settings wouldn't suffice anyway.

I think I am almost completely wrong here.  If you have not logged in from
a certain display, the SM could pop up a dialog that says "You have not
logged in from this display before.  Please select a session to use:"

And then a list of sessions.

And something like:

( ) Open read only
(*) Open read/write
( ) Open as copy (based on the one selected)

(with the third option worded in a better way perhaps)

Is this what you had in mind?

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum