Canvas question: how-to automatically fill it

 Hi,

I haven't been able to solve this one, and I have a fear!

Here goes the problem (what I want and cannot yet do):

-Make canvas=GnomeCanvas()
-Now, make canvas.root().add("widget",......)
	-widget=GtkCList which contains text for input.
	-make that widget fill the canvas horizontally ????? HOWT-TO-DO-IT?
	-make the canvas background be widget background color, so that
viewer has the illusion it's same thing???? HOWTO
Thanx for your help!