Re: Decoupling GNOME Office?

Maciej Stachowiak writes:

> Given Martin's comments below, I think it is worthwhile to separate GNOME
> Office for 1.4. We know that we can at least include Gnumeric, Dia and
> AbiWord. We can also try to include GnuCash and the GIMP if their
> respective maintainers agree. It's true these apps are not yet well
> integrated or fully componentized, but I don't think that should be a
> prerequisite to calling them an office suite.
>
> We can call the release GNOME Office 0.7 or something like that if 1.4
> would make people uncomfortable.

The GnuCash team would be happy to provide a release for Gnome Office.

Name: GnuCash
Version: 1.4.5
New Release Needed: no (unless changes are needed to recompile for Gnome 1.4)
Critical: No
Contact: Dave Peticolas <dave@gnumatic.com>

The 1.4 series is the current stable release of GnuCash. Given the
timetable for the GO release as I understand it (late November) we
would not be ready to release the next stable version of GnuCash
by then.

Given our current development priorities, integration with other GO
components would probably not happen until after the next stable
release of GnuCash.

dave