Re: GNOME homepage !! (was Re: GNOME 1.4 package list)

On Tue, Aug 29, 2000 at 10:47:03PM +0100, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> I'm not convinced.

you're not alone.  there's a reason why the unix philosophy of one
tool doing one job really works well with free software - it's a built
in todo list.  i frequently do documentation on my projects expressly
for the purpose of taking stock of where i am and where i need to go.
and in terms of managing other people it's a requirement if i'm to expect
any help in getting stuff done.

> We do not all learn to swim by being thrown in the water. Some of
> us find it easier to learn with a flotation aid first, and some of
> us eventually learn that the flotation aids are more confidence-
> boosters than anything else. And it's much more pleasant than drowning :)

and more importantly many people don't learn to swim without a goal.
think of what baywatch does for recruiting lifeguards...  :)

particularly on large projects it is a good idea to list out tasks that
need doing as a way of gaining entry into the code.

> Telsa (who also had problems learning to swim :))

but who can now make it from wales to cork in ten hours!

kevin

--
kevin@suberic.net        perl -e 'print(map{chr($a+=$_)}(119,-18,7,0,-64,-12
fork()'ed on 37058400    ,79,-1,-2,13,-89,83,-4,-2,-8,15,-11,4,-8,14,-105))'
 >> want privacy? www.gnupg.org or www.pgp.com.  encrypted mail preferred <<

PGP signature