No?

> with
>       :sawfish version 0.30.3
>       :libsdl-1.1
>       :eretic 2 demo from loky
>       :xfree4 dri cvs opengl drivers

Which video card, which SDL 1.1?

> everything runs perfectly.
> (and this is a standard debian woody distribution, except xfree.)

Hmm...

> :))
>
> > This is of course with the latest Sawfish from HelixCode and the latest
> > SDL, self-compiled.
> >
> > The problem is, although it ONLY happens with Sawfish, I'm not sure if
> > the problem is between Sawfish and SDL, Sawfish and X, Sawfish and
> > nVidia OpenGL,
>
> there's know problem with old version of nvidia drivers with fullscreen opengl
> apps... (but none that implies mouse movement...)

I'm using latest nVidia drivers, 0.9-4.

> but you are reporting a problem that implies close source programs like
> UT & Eretic][, and CLOSE source drivers (nvidia)...
> (sure that you aren't use a microsoft mouse?? :)

The video and input renderers for UT are open
source.  http://openut.sourceforge.net

> > or some combination...  SDL people haven't been helpful
> > and I can't seem to get anything through to the Sawfish mailing list (as
> > listed at sawmill.sourceforge.net).
>
> sometimes happens that the bug/feature that someone manifests are NOT
> reproducible.. and sometimes developer 'forget' those phantom bugs.

That's why bug tracking systems are helpful.  I don't know what
information to give them, and I'm not even sure how to gather it... a
debug version of UT or something maybe, but no one is helping me... If I
could get these games to run on my system with Sawfish OK I could
uninstall KDE and/or XFce.  Just like I uninstalled Windows when all the
games I liked ran in WINE..

> (sorry for the bad english)

Hey, I've passed highly advanted English tests with near perfect scores,
and I still talk funkily.  ~,^

> > I'm assuming SDL is highly involved though, since I never had a problem
> > when I used straight GLX applications (as in demoes).
> >
> > Hopefully I can figure out how to get on the Sawfish list (if messages
> > don't start coming through in a few days, I'll try rejoining), and maybe
> > the SDL people will be more helpful when their Fenris system for SDL is
> > up (I got them to start putting one up).
>
> ok.. but we are going offtopic now...
> :))

....... Good point.  Sorry everyone!!

Sean Etc.