Re: GNOME + games (was Re: More Political Stuff)

> > In fullscreen OpenGL SDL apps (like Unreal Tournament, Heretic II, etc.)
> > the mouse doesn't like moving left... it moves up and down and right
> > fine, but it will occasionally (as in every second or two) freeze if I
> > move left, and I have to move in another direction before it will move
> > left again... it makes most action games unplayable.
>
> My housemate sees similar probs with his Mandrake 7.1 install running
> Helix GNOME 1.2 and either Soldier of Fortune or Quake3 Arena.
>
> I have seen it happen and would have said it looks more like a mouse
> lockup than anything else. Switching out to a console and killing the
> game seems to fix it (but then he has to restart the game). He now has a
> script which he runs when he wants to play games that puts "startkde" in
> his .xinitrc The games run fine in KDE.

Hmm, the mouse doesn't lock up on me... it just doesn't like going
left.  ONLY problems with going left, and I can get it to move left
again if I move in another direction.. but a few seconds like it stops
again.  It only happens with Sawfish (no prob if I use GNOME + twm, and
the problem is there if I run Sawfish w/o GNOME).