Re: Re2: [pygtk] Help with GnomeMDI/GtkPlug, GtkSocket

 I am re-implementing MDI in a way I like, using GtkSocket.

 It works for now, and will probably be much easier to use than MDI.

 Wait a couple of month for this to happen fully, but it will be
written in python.

 Why swallow a whole app?

 The answer is simply because in my case, I am offering users GUI's
for different mathematical tools out there. So each GUI is written
separatly, either to use as a separate gnome-app or swallowed in a big
GtkNotebook environment.

 MDI is supposed to do that, but it really is too general for my
taste, and too hard to use in anything usefull. You have to track
menus, toolbars, config files, view creators......
 This is a big fat waste of time, when all most want in all cases is a
real gnome-app if the window is top-level or embed gnome-app menus in
the central window's one!

 This can be easily done by a switch thing:

 if I am in notebook, remove menu from gnomeapp, and put it in parent
window.

 If I am top-level leave it as is!

 Shouldn't this be automatic?

On 1/18/00, 11:09:30 AM, Jaka Mocnik <jaka.mocnik@kiss.uni-lj.si> wrote
regarding Re: Re2: [pygtk] Help with GnomeMDI/GtkPlug, GtkSocket: