Re: window-in-window MDI

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 07:54:24PM +0000, Tom Gilbert wrote:
> I think the main point is that it says "as far as GNOME is concerned,
> WIW MDI is okay". GNOME is about creating a consistant desktop
> environment, so this seems a contrary option.
GNOME isnīt that consistent ... GNOME lets you choose between different
themes, MDI type and a lot else. Letīs keep it that way.

> I can't wait to see the first "WIW MDI mode recommended for best
> performance" app ;)
So what? Did you notice that the gimp looks ugly and is even partially
unusable with the NextStepTheme? I dont think that it should be considered
"harmful" ...

I think we should include it. If the user want like it, it can be removed
afterwards. (gtk 2.0)

Another Question: Are screenshots available? Preferrably two ore three of
the same program using different MDI Styles?

mfg
--
  Andreas Sliwka   |   goff@johalla.de   |   f y cn rd ths y mst hv bn sng nx