Re: GAL, glade and libglade

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Lee Mallabone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been hacking around with GAL and glade today and I've managed to
> add a couple of GAL widgets into the glade palette.
>
> My reason for doing this is that I'm really lazy, and want to use the
> GAL widgets with libglade, because I think it's one of the coolest libs
> ever. :)
>
> However, in the current state, I don't think it's possible to make a GAL
> module for libglade, because GAL itself depends on libglade!

I don't see the problem.  If there was a libglade-gal library that handled
the gal widgets for libglade, it could depend on gal and libglade, so this
would not cause a loop in the library dependencies.

However, you would have a build dependency loop if you tried to put this
libglade/gal support library in the libglade package.  Libglade installs
all the headers necessary to compile such a library separately though.  In
fact, the support library could be integrated into GAL itself.

So removing the libglade dependency in gal is not necessary.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/