Re: patch for select in zvt

Iain wrote:

On 14 May 2001 09:28:45 -0500, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)       Gerente de desarrollo       Alpha wrote:

just an idea:

what about autoselecting words when dragging right, but selecting characters when dragging left? that way we can still make our selections right after we've selected the word?

I personally always found the "Lets select the whole word automatically"
very very annoying. Even with the dragging left selects letters, it's an
annoyance.

iain

I have to agree with you. Besides, what exactly do the developers think they are saving? A quarter centimeter of mouse movement? I'd rather have the double click select word and triple click select line thing and *always* character by character drag selection.

-b

--
I'd rather listen to Newton than to Mundie [MS flunkie who made a speech on
the evil-ness of open source]. He may have been dead for almost three

Linus