Re: BUG NAG: 6084 bugs open on bugzilla.gnome.org

On Fri, 2001-09-14 at 10:20, Elliot Lee wrote:
> chema ximian closed 9161 as WONTFIX. I don't know why exactly, but I would
> guess that it is for the same reason.

This is correct. We have closed about thousand bugs for the control
center. The only way to close so many bugs is using the email interface.
Closing 300 identical bugs on the webpage is NOT FUN.

The problem with that is that the email interface does not provide a way
to close a bug and attach a message to it.

I don't know what a better solution we have for this. The current
gnomecc database is useless unless we do major cleaning. I closed all
the bugs from version 1.0.5. Stabilizing gnomecc is very important, and
we have more bugs that we have time to fix so the older bug reports are
not important/needed.

Merging bugs is not an option too, because it does not make sense to
merge all the 1.0.5 bugs when they are unrelated.

regards,
Chema