Re: three open issues for gnome

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 11:53, kevin lyda wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:39:40PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> > If you start an X application on a remote host, that's where it runs,
> > and it displays on your X session.  The modern browers (Mozilla, Galeon)
>
> in general it would be really nice if gnome applications understood the
> concept of remote displays.  is anyone doing work on that?

On that note, I've noticed that I don't seem to be able to run GNOME
apps remotely when X is not up on the box where the app is running.
(That is, I have box A and box B, with identical configurations; box
A has X up and running, box B has booted into console mode; I ssh
from box A to box B and run an app, and it doesn't work; but if I
walk over to box B and start X, it then does.)

If this is something that's supposed to work, let me know and I'll
try and narrow it down further.