Re: three open issues for gnome

On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 02:39:40PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> If you start an X application on a remote host, that's where it runs,
> and it displays on your X session.  The modern browers (Mozilla, Galeon)

in general it would be really nice if gnome applications understood the
concept of remote displays.  is anyone doing work on that?  and while i'm
not a huge expert on the x protocol, my understanding was that x supported
various forms of ipc.  plus while themeing is great it's unfortunate
that it's stuck in the filesystem.  everytime i start a remote xterm it
reads the x resource settings and works as i've configured the local one.
yes x resources have been a pain in the ass to configure in the past
but the solution was to make better config tools, not ditch them.

kevin

--
kevin suberic net          "Adding manpower to a late software project
fork()'ed on 37058400        makes it later."  -- Brooks Law