Re: Building on Solaris : /bin/sh != bash

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 21:53, Tomas Ogren wrote:
> > it would *really* help ;O)  Bash has been standard on Solaris since 8 at
> > least, maybe a 7 Update.  I use tcsh (also standard now) so haven't kept
> > track of it.
>
> It's _not_ standard. It's additional freeware packages that you can get
> either on extra CDs if you get the media kit or download from
> sunfreeware. I thought Sun people would know this ;)

Er, it was included in the last few standard sol8 installs I did --- and
I didn't install the freeware stuff.  So was zsh.

However, it's still not in Solaris 7.

--
brandon s. allbery   [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]  allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery ece cmu edu