Re: Building on Solaris : /bin/sh != bash

On 19 January, 2002 - Brandon S. Allbery  KF8NH sent me these 0,9K bytes:

> On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 21:53, Tomas Ogren wrote:
> > > it would *really* help ;O)  Bash has been standard on Solaris since 8 at
> > > least, maybe a 7 Update.  I use tcsh (also standard now) so haven't kept
> > > track of it.
> >
> > It's _not_ standard. It's additional freeware packages that you can get
> > either on extra CDs if you get the media kit or download from
> > sunfreeware. I thought Sun people would know this ;)
>
> Er, it was included in the last few standard sol8 installs I did --- and
> I didn't install the freeware stuff.  So was zsh.

Hm. it seems to be included, sorry.. but not installed if you do a
jumpstart with the SUNWCXall cluster which is "Entire Distribution Plus
OEM Support" .. So I guess it won't be installed if you just click on
that in the install program either.. It's optional, so assuming it
exists _will_ break stuff.. (and AIX, IRIX, HP-UX, ...)

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric ing umu se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå