Re: ? gnome_startup_acquire_token in GNOME2

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 05:13:07PM +0000, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote:
> I see your idea. But in the "FIXME" text is see gnome-session wants to
> "deduce" the pixmap name from the app name. Or do I get it wrong? So the
> application "appname" would be represented by some icon "appname.png"
> (or any other directly derived name).

That's kind of a broken hack IMO. We really should be looking at
setting the icon name in one place in the app, and automatically
propagating it elsewhere.

Trying "appname.png" as a fallback seems fine, I guess.

>  Or do you really think someone would like to set the pixmap name at
> runtime?

Should already be setting it, libgnomeui has a function to set the
default icon... in future this default will then be icon-themed.

Havoc