Re: gnome-vfs/GIOChannel for parsing

Hi Owen,

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 21:07, Owen Taylor wrote:
> Is your concern that one company utterly controls glib/gtk+ or that one
> _person_ utterly controls glib/gtk+? (*)

	Now I think more about it I have two parallel concerns:

		* that one person controls glib/gtk+
		* that Havoc sits next to him

> Do you think that when Havoc has some code he wants to get into GTK+, I
> just say "Oh, you work for Red Hat, commit whatever you want"?

	Given that you are in complete control of what (some people want to)
become the desktop platform; in lieu of a mixed bag of apps that is
Gnome. Given that - it seems reasonable that being in constant close
proximity, the same company etc. seems to lend a certain advantage.

>     And it's certainly only in my interest to keep things
>     moving in a direction with a division of labor. I like having
>     some time to do something other than review GTK+ patches.
>     Like sleep.

	Sure; I think my concern is more with demanding that directional
disclosure, and discussion[1] happens outside of North Carolina, rather
than with your maintainership on any technical level.

	Regards,

		Michael.

[1] - and yes I know you can point to a list with millions of lines of
      discussion about twigs - while people are burning great chunks of
      forest elsewhere undiscussed.