Re: gtk+ version in cvs

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 08:50:15AM +0700, Darryl Rees wrote:
> I've had similar problems with gnomecvs head a couple of times - local
> repos seems to get stuck in a time warp. No idea what is going on, but I
> just delete the whole repository and check the whole thing out again.
> Make sure your local repository really is HEAD (make sure you don't have
> a CVS/Tag) before doing anything drastic. One day I'll try to
> investigate what is going on properly.

Except that building the latest and greatest GNOME _requires_ you to use
non-HEAD versions of a few things. Always checking out from the trunk is
not the right thing to do. Presently at least the following modules
require branches in GNOME 2.3:

	glib
	gtk
	pango
	libgtop
	glade
	gstreamer
	gst-plugins
	gtksourceview

(and that's just from things I build regularly. There may well be
others.)

Malcolm

--
No one is listening until you make a mistake.