Re: button order

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 04:09, Hongli Lai wrote:
> Gabucino wrote:
> > I don't use KDE/gnome/firefox/gtk2. I use Windowmaker/opera/gtk1. I've heard
> > numerous complaints from firefox users due to your latest dictatoric button
> > order change. I've just took my time to read upon this issue.
> >
> > I'd like to know the names of the people responsive for this global shit, so if
> > I ever meet them, I can laugh my ass off while pointing to their general
> > direction.
>
> His name is Steve Jobs.
>
> Yes, it's true. The right-to-left button order is first used by the
> oh-so-userfriendly MacOS X. Everybody at Slashdot, OSNews, and other
> sites always praise OS X because it's so perfect, userfriendly and
> well-designed. OS X cannot possibly have any user interface design flaws
> (or so they so). GNOME simply follows MacOS X's perfection. ;)

(not sure how tongue-in-cheek that was...)

The developer who originally designed the new button order had told me
he had no idea that Macs use a similar order.  He picked the order
because it is simply better.

As someone who is in no way a GNOME decision maker, but is definitely a
GNOME user, I can agree that it is indeed a lot nicer.  The consistent
location of the primary action button always being in the bottom right
corner is great.