User logout with gdm

Hi,
When a user logs out using gdm, why are processes like gpg-agent,
bonobo-activativation-server still observed as owned by the logging
out user, even in pam_close_session? I have a PAM module, where I
determine if the logging out user still owns any process and I observe
that the user indeed owns these processes.

When are these processes actually killed? Should they have not been
killed, even before pam_close_session() is actually called from gdm?

Thanks & Regards
Kala B.