Re: .Net/Mono and C# in GNOME? Do we really need it?

2006-12-28 klockan 11:49 skrev Kalle Vahlman:

> 2006/12/28, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl>:
> > 2006-12-28 klockan 07:24 skrev Tomasz Sterna:
> > > If we really want to develop code in object oriented language, with all
> > > the fancy syntactic sugar, garbage collection etc.
> > > can't we just use D to achieve it?  http://www.digitalmars.com/d/
> >
> > Or Python, which is already an accepted Gnome language. Furthermore, lots of
> > people have experience using Python and several parts of the standard Gnome
> > desktop are written using Python, eg. some gnome-applets, deskbar-applet,
> > pessulus, sabayon.
>
> Or [favourite OO-language], which beats [whatever was already decided
> on months ago] since it has [my favourite feature #1] and [my
> favourite feature #2] while [whatever was already decided on months
> ago] only has [insignificant feature to me].

This wasn't intended a programming language flame...

> P.S. If you don't spot the sarcasm, please ignore this message

...I was just trying to say that the argument doesn't hold since we already
have widely used OO languages in the Gnome stack.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws xs4all nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

got enough guilt to start my own religion :: save me i cry      -- tori amos