Re: .Net/Mono and C# in GNOME? Do we really need it?

2006/12/28, Wouter Bolsterlee <uws+gnome xs4all nl>:
2006-12-28 klockan 11:49 skrev Kalle Vahlman:
This wasn't intended a programming language flame...

Nor was I taking it as one. The pun was directed at the whole notion
of discussing yet again of the same, already decided point. Of the
everlasting issue of which language is prettier/faster/better than the
others.

> P.S. If you don't spot the sarcasm, please ignore this message

...I was just trying to say that the argument doesn't hold since we already
have widely used OO languages in the Gnome stack.

Sure. And if one looks at the original discussion, it's obvious
mono/C# isn't supported because GNOME would have lacked OO-languages,
but instead because GNOME would benefit from the cool apps that are
written with it. The same _will_ be an option for D once there is nice
and stable bindings to GNOME[1] and some seriously cool
GNOME-integrated apps for it.

I'm all for including apps made in D and all the other pretty
languages in the world, but obviously they need to have rocking GNOME
bindings and killer apps first. It's not a question of which is
prettier.

[1] Not sure if it has already?

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi