Re: Programmatically showing the gnome panel logout dialog from external program

Hi,

Isak Savo wrote:
The new Gnome Screensaver provides a DBus API that you can listen to.
I'm not currently up-to-date with the functionality it provides, but
it sends out messages when the screensaver activates and IIRC, there's
also a method to get the idle time.

xchat-gnome has a plug-in that uses this (autoaway) and so does gaim I think.

Autoaway for xchat-gnome is here:
   http://svn.navi.cx/misc/trunk/xchat-gnome/plugins/autoaway/

The gnome-screensaver DBUS API is
for CVS HEAD:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-screensaver/doc/DBUS-API.txt?view=markup

For GNOME 2.14:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/gnome-screensaver/doc/DBUS-API.txt?rev=1.7&only_with_tag=gnome-2-14&view=markup

xchat-gnome seems to use the Active property. This doesn't get set if the user has disabled the "Activate screensaver when session is idle" checkbox in the preferences. You may be interested in using the SessionIdle property instead. It is set even if the screensaver does not "activate" (ie. blank the screen).

dbus-monitor --session \ "type='signal',interface='org.gnome.ScreenSaver',member='SessionIdleChanged'"

Jon