Re: The possibility to take a screenshot of the window where we right click on it

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 16:33 +0100, Calum Benson wrote:

> On 14 Oct 2008, at 20:08, Tomasz Sterna wrote:
>
> > The way of discovering the Alt-PrtScr combo is only by digging through
> > keyboard shortcuts preferences.
>
> For people who need discoverability, there's already an entry on the
> Applications menu: Save Screenshot.  (At least, that's what it's
> called in OpenSolaris, I forget if we changed the name.)
>
> What *would* be nice is if this application advertised the keyboard
> shortcuts for taking screenshots, and perhaps even allowed you to edit
> them.

I have, on numerous occasions, posted what I think would
be the ideal situation here.  I'm not on a machine running
2.24 right now, so forgive me if something like this has
already been implemented.

The 'Take Screenshot' entry in the Applications menu should
not just automatically take a screenshot of the desktop, as
it does now.  Instead, it should pop up a screenshot dialog
that looks something like this:

  ( ) Take a screenshot of the entire screen
      <i>Press PrintScreen to do this automatically</i>
  ( ) Take a screenshot of a single window
      <i>Press Alt+PrintScreen to do his automatically</i>
  ( ) Take a screenshot of a region of the screen

  [ ] Wait [___] seconds before taking screenshot

The keyboard shortcuts would continue to do exactly what
they do right now, but the entry in the Applications menu
would bring up this nice dialog.  This allows us to have
more advanced screenshot behavior (like regions) that we
can't add tons of keyboard shortcuts for.  And it makes
the keyboard shortcuts discoverable.  Win.

--
Shaun