Re: The possibility to take a screenshot of the window where we right click on it

On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 13:06 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:

> The 'Take Screenshot' entry in the Applications menu should
> not just automatically take a screenshot of the desktop, as
> it does now.  Instead, it should pop up a screenshot dialog
> that looks something like this:
>
>   ( ) Take a screenshot of the entire screen
>       <i>Press PrintScreen to do this automatically</i>
>   ( ) Take a screenshot of a single window
>       <i>Press Alt+PrintScreen to do his automatically</i>
>   ( ) Take a screenshot of a region of the screen
>
>   [ ] Wait [___] seconds before taking screenshot

it does exactly that since GNOME 2.18 or 2.20. if your 'Take Screenshot'
menu item is not doing that it's either your distribution's fault for
messing around with the default desktop entry file, or yours for doing
the same. :-)

the default desktop entry for gnome-screenshot uses the --interactive
switch which pops up a dialog for setting up the screenshot; the key
combinations keep working automagically without requiring manual
intervention by default - but you can tweak them to include the
--interactive command line switch (which will, as a bonus, take into
account the other arguments you pass on the command line).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
Emmanuele Bassi,