Re: linking against multiple *mm libraries

tor 2004-11-25 klockan 16:14 +0100 skrev John Grundb�:
> On a related topic, I have heard rumors of developers moving away from
> Bonobo for technical reasons. Is there anyone on this mailing list who
> can confirm this, and maybe give a short explanation on why and what
> the alternatives are?

Hello John,

People certainly seem to be moving away from Bonobo and towards D-BUS
(http://dbus.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fdbus,
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-dbus.html), the
reason being that CORBA is big and difficult to use, while D-BUS is much
simpler (or so I'm told).

However, I can't seem to find any official plans saying when/if D-BUS
will be the recommended IPC mechanism for Gnome. I think the jury is
still out.

--
Fredrik Arnerup <e97_far e kth se>