Re: GTK+ Website Review - Hosting Windows Binaries

On Thu, 24 Jan 2008, Shawn Amundson wrote:

Martyn Russell wrote:

no sysadmins seems to be stepping forward regarding this.

As a result, this will have to wait.

I'm willing to do whatever it takes to help improve gtk.org.  As
such, I will provide my services as sysadmin.

thanks, that's much apprechiated, especially as the hardware/space situation
on gtk.org is becoming worse and worse (we're aware of HW resource shortages
for probably 3 years now, and they have been increasing).

I think a CMS is an excellent idea.  Are there any opinions on
what would be the best solution?  How about drupal?

i think we should approach this incrementally. i.e. it's probably best to:

1) get the new web design in place that Andreas and Martyn have been
   working on.

2) setup a cloned web site on cube. (i'll drop you a line when i have time
   to look into replicating the web installation setup there.)

3) switch over DNS.

4) look into any future extensions like CMSes. (currently we're fine with
   using live.gnome.org, so we don't have any urgent issues to fix here.)

Mid-march will be gtk.org's 10th birthday!

;-)

-Shawn

---
ciaoTJ