Re: RFC: GtkPreview library

Wayland requires two features that would perhaps make it unportable: FD passing (SCM_CREDENTIALS), and shared memory (allocate a temporary files, ftruncate it, mmap it, unlink it and then send the fd across the wire). Everything else is just a simple Unix domain socket. Does OS X support those two features?

If we're so opposed to requiring libwayland for this new widget, I could write my own protocol, but it's simpler to use one that already exists.