Re: Template system

El mié, 17-12-2003 a las 15:57, Julien Olivier escribió:

> OK, now I understand where the misunderstanding come from.
>
> I was talking of "generic" templates. Things like new spreadsheet, or
> new HTML document which can be useful for users who don't know how to
> create them. Those generic templates (if you decide to implement them,
> which you don't seem) should be protected and located in a hidden
> user-land folder or, better, in a system folder (/usr/share/templates
> for example), protected from users.
>
> When it comes to personal templates (created by users themselves, not by
> a skel), it is obvious that they should be visible (thus in a non-hidden
> folder).

Oh.

At least we should
* provide a way for apps to provide their templates in a system-wide
fashion, but protected from deletion
* provide a way for users to save and manage their templates, perhaps
allowing them to personally override (but not system-wide) their
templates, and revert to the default templates
* merging system and user templates into one view
* provide an api just like the desktop-file-install but for templates
* do our stuff while keeping binary package systems in mind (RPM and
DEB)

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: keyserver.net C1033CAD