Re: HIGfining nautilus-cd-burner alerts

Il lun, 2004-05-24 alle 11:36, Alexander Larsson ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 10:53, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > It seems that all nautilus-cd-burner alerts don't follow the
> > primary/secondary text suggestion from HIG. I've in mind to adjust it,
> > it isn't a difficult task, just:
> >      1. I've in mind to use the really cute eel_alert_dialog_new () as
> >         showed in attached diff file. Is it a private function?
>
> Well, eel isn't really a supported API, but its fine to use for
> nautilus-related stuff at least for now.

There are some really good facilities in eel, such as
eel-{alert,stock}-dialog.h. I hope sometime they will be included in
libgnomeui.

> > I'll open an entry on bugzilla. I home someone will help me to use some
> > really neat and clean labels.
>
> This looks good. Can you commit it to HEAD?

No cvs write access for me. Moreover I prefer open a global "HIGfication
of alerts" bug depending on others single_bug+single_patch related to
single alert dialog. So
      * mantainer(s) have to review small simple patches;
      * I can add info/request on primary/secondary text in alert.

The second point is the main trouble for me. For example, consider the
insert_cd_dialog[1]. Currently it's

        |              Insert blank CD             x |
        |--------------------------------------------|
        |                                            |
        | Please insert a blank CD in the CD writer. |
        |                                            |
        |                                 [   OK   ] |
        |____________________________________________|

I can simply turn it in

        |                                           x |
        |---------------------------------------------|
        | <p>Insert a blank CD.</p>                   |
        | Please insert a blank CD in the CD writer.  |
        |                                  [   OK   ] |
        |_____________________________________________|

proper dialog is something like
        |                                                      x |
        | <p>Insert a blank CD in the CD writer.</p>             |
        | There is no medium in the CD writer. The medium is     |
        | needed to write files on it. Please insert a blank CD  |
        | in the CD writer, then click "OK" button.              |
        |                                             [   OK   ] |
        |________________________________________________________|

But before apply something like this, I prefer someone reviews and makes
suggestion about secondary text. For example, what about secondary text
for reload dialog[2]? Why user should reload the CD? I don't know

[1] See the glade attach for those mockups

[2]
        |                  Reload CD               x |
        | Please reload the CD in the CD writer.     |