Re: Thumbnail size causing moving targets

Steven Garrity wrote:
> Do all thumbnails generated by Nautilus take up the same
> amount of space?
>
> If so, perhaps we could just float the current "generating
> thumbnail" icon in the middle of an area of that size.

Update: No, not all thumbnails take up the same amount of space. Can anyone shed any light on how the thumbnail size is determined?

This must have been a trade-off between stability during thumbnail generation and efficient use of space with smaller thumbnails.

Steven Garrity