Re: Extending WebDAV featureset?

El mar, 25-05-2004 a las 03:31, Alexander Larsson escribió:
> On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 07:55, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> > On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 11:39:37AM +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > | I'm not sure exactly what it is you want to do, but its possible that
> > | nautilus extensions will do what you want. You can try playing around
> > | with it and see if it seems to work for you.
> >
> > I've poked around on the docs and it seems what I want is to create
> > some context menus and property pages. However, those should be made
> > available depending on the existence of a specific namespace on the
> > response to a PROPFIND. From the docs it doesnt seem like this should
> > be possible, as they talk about registering stuff for mime types only.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this that the docs dont cover?
>
> Not really. Gnome-vfs doesn't expose low-level properties of the
> protocol like that. It tries to make everything look like a posix
> filesystem layer.

Could a mechanism (in the spirit of a ioctl layer or sumthin) be made
available on gnomevfs which would support that?

It would be awesome to "lock" a file in a webdav share by just
right-clicking on Nautilus.  Or request specific server-supplied
operations like "check in" or "approve".  Nautilus would then make a
really really really really great workflow client, without any extra
fuss.

--
	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
	GPG key ID: 0xC1033CAD at keyserver.net