Re: [(RE)ANNOUNCING] nautilus-open-terminal

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 08:40:17 +0100, Heinrich Rebehn
<rebehn ant uni-bremen de> wrote:
> Ionut Cotoi wrote:

> >>People are acting too emotionally here.  Again, nothing is being
> >>taken away as I understand it is this:
> >>
> >>* the part in nautilus that hardcodes the terminal in the context menu
> >>  will be removed.
> >>
> >>* a new plugin for nautilus will put the terminal back on the context
> >>  menu or whatever as long as the plugin exists.  It just won't be in
> >>  nautilus proper.  Does this make sense?  So in a sense, it's become
> >>  optional, but for most of us distro users it'll be a simple rpm
> >>  or deb/emerge/whatever install.
> >>

> >>So you're work flow will continue to be the same.  Does this make sense?
> >
> > Fine with me ;)
> >>sri
>
> Mee too, if the functionality really stays the same

I hate to flame, but if you'd actually read the original post, or
actually used the code, the functionality isn't the same. It is
*better*, since it intelligently opens in the current directory and
not just in ~ like the old one did.

Please, refrain from posting if you don't have signal to add to the
discussion in the future- flaming Christian for doing the right thing
and doing it better just wasted a lot of people's time.

Luis