Don't mess with our brand [Was: 'GNOME', 'Gnome']

<quote who="Alan Horkan">

> http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/grammar.html "Write the
> acronym in uppercase letters, unless there is a compelling case for
> lowercase."
>
> That beautifully encapsulates the mixed feelings on the topic doesn't it.

If you're going to refer to documentation that defines our standards, then
you ought to be more careful about what our standards actually are.

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/gnome-glossary-desktop.html#id3621884

Our project has a name. It is "GNOME". You may not like it, but that's what
it is. Petty diversion from the standard is childish at best. Please, don't
screw around with it for your own satisfaction alone -- until we change our
brand/identity, we must protect what we have.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
LinuxWorldExpo: Johannesburg, South Africa  http://www.linuxworldexpo.co.za/

   "2.4.1ac17 is full of innovations and should be used with caution." -
                             Linux Weekly News