Re: GNOME Moduleset Reorganization vs. L10N

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 10:33 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 10:21 +0200, daniel g. siegel wrote:
>
> > > I think especially the, "is not just used by GNOME", argument will be
> > > difficult to circumvent.
> >
> > right, but in that case there is no problem to have it hosted on
> > freedesktop.org, like many other dependencies of gnome.
>
> it's inconsequential: the whole problem is having it, or not having it,
> on the gnome.org server - because of authentication and access problem.
>
> it doesn't matter where it is: freedesktop.org, clutter-project.org,
> launchpad.net - they all are *not* gnome.org.

actually there is a subtle difference here, quote:

        freedesktop.org is open source / open discussion software
        projects working on interoperability and shared technology for X
        Window System desktops

however, if we are talking about applications and end user software your
notion is of course totally right.

--
this mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons
daniel g. siegel <dgsiegel gnome org>