Re: Proposal: Replace all references to master/slave in GNOME modules

El mié., 1 may. 2019 a las 14:39, Michael Gratton (<mike vee net>) escribió:
On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 14:30, Carmen Bianca Bakker
<carmen carmenbianca eu> wrote:

> I think the problem is that, when prompted why we should make this
> change, you said that we need only look at Python to see why this
> change is good. But Python did NOT change the name of their master
> branch, so it's a disingenuous example.

I never claimed that, so I'm actually the one being mis-represented
here. :)

YOU DID. You've argued we should change master branch name because Python, Django, Rust did it. You've mixed two concepts: the use of master/slave terms in source code and the name of the master branch. Please don't fall in victimism, you have done wrong and you should fix it.

You are completely free to change every "master" appearance in your source code if you want so, but you shouldn't change master branch's name, we have explained why several times.

I did however point out that Python has replaced uses of the term
"master", and we should do the same.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.