Re: GNOME "Save as" dialog - defective by design

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 01:55 +0100, Iain * wrote:
> On 3/28/07, Alex Jones <alex weej com> wrote:
> >
> > We could do what RISC OS did, and have "save" just present you with an
> > icon that you can drop into a file browser wherever you choose. That way
> > we really can just use the file browser.
> >

> Now *that* is an original idea...I wonder why no-one has ever thought
> of it before

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, ironic or just funny... :P

In all seriousness, why not? The Tango Window Experiments[1] practically
did this, and everybody loves that. [2]

[1] http://tango.freedesktop.org/Window_Experiments
[2] http://wildassumptions.org/
--