Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 14:35 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:

>  I do not say you should violate the code
> of conduct or whatever. It's nice if everybody is nice and fluffy,
> yes. But there are also people who are pissed off (that happens),
> or tired,

they should not write to gtk-devel-list, then, and instead cool off a
bit.

>  You are doing a disservice to
> application developers with this.

actually, no. because it provides a clear migration path towards a less
crud-encumbered library.

>  It's a road to 4.0? Give me
> a break, canvas can be done now,

no, it can't. seriously. unless a half-arsed solution can be called
"done now".

>  and Undo in text widget doesn't
> need disabled deprecated API either.

yes, because all gtk+ does is revolving around you and your little pet
project.

>  Thing is, nobody wants to
> do boring stuff,

and suprise! that's why we are in the situation we are now.

> Now what, do I get kicked out off the list? (Well, you can't
> do that)

no, you won't be kicked out - even though Behdad can do that; but as far
as I'm concerned, you can go fuck yourself; you and your asshat
attitude.

+++

for this thread I removed myself from the Code of Conduct, which is
obviously useless with poisonous people like you or the QT homeboy on
this thread.

not only that, I'm also unsubscribing gtk-devel-list because I quite
sick and tired of people hijacking development discussions on gtk+ with
their own personal little agenda.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--