Re: Steps to get to GTK+ 3.0

2008/6/5 Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort brutele be>:
On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 20:54:31 +0100
Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-06-05 at 14:35 -0500, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
>
> >  I do not say you should violate the code
> > of conduct or whatever. It's nice if everybody is nice and fluffy,
> > yes. But there are also people who are pissed off (that happens),
> > or tired,
>
> they should not write to gtk-devel-list, then, and instead cool off a
> bit.
>
> >  You are doing a disservice to
> > application developers with this.
>
> actually, no. because it provides a clear migration path towards a less
> crud-encumbered library.
>
> >  It's a road to 4.0? Give me
> > a break, canvas can be done now,
>
> no, it can't. seriously. unless a half-arsed solution can be called
> "done now".
>
> >  and Undo in text widget doesn't
> > need disabled deprecated API either.
>
> yes, because all gtk+ does is revolving around you and your little pet
> project.
>
> >  Thing is, nobody wants to
> > do boring stuff,
>
> and suprise! that's why we are in the situation we are now.
>
> > Now what, do I get kicked out off the list? (Well, you can't
> > do that)
>
> no, you won't be kicked out - even though Behdad can do that; but as far
> as I'm concerned, you can go fuck yourself; you and your asshat
> attitude.
>
> +++
>
> for this thread I removed myself from the Code of Conduct, which is
> obviously useless with poisonous people like you or the QT homeboy on
> this thread.
>
> not only that, I'm also unsubscribing gtk-devel-list because I quite
> sick and tired of people hijacking development discussions on gtk+ with
> their own personal little agenda.

Typical.

Look at what you did, Yevgen Muntyan. Not only you're an evildoer and
a hijacker who wants a canvas widget, but because you're so cruel, you
made the little Emmanuele cry and leave. You will now be sent to hell
and allowed to burn there for eternity.

+1 to ban this moron from the list

Emmanuele, don't be scared any longer. You can come back now, the
villain who made you cry has been expelled.

Seriously. I don't want to address the trivialities of your message
(everyone fights with its own means and limitations). I shall just
note that if you no longer want external input to "hijack" your
development discussions, you should probably have these discussions
take place on a private list, only accessible by GTK+ developers.

This way, you'll be able to discuss field mangling and other fantastic
innovations between yourselves, without anybody ever interfering.

--
Jean-Yves Lefort <jylefort brutele be>