Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] yet another new mockup (meta)

Il lun, 2003-05-12 alle 12:57, Mark ha scritto:
> > The downside of it is, that it adds some visual noise:
> > http://server204.serverflex.de/Screenshots/rhythmbox-meta2.png
> > I'm undecided weither I like this better or not.
>

> This totally gets my vote. The hide/reveal arrow just makes so much
> sense for the browser. And I've changed my mind about the meta-button,
> If we can pull off having text in it then this is a major advantage.
>
> Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I really can't find anything
> wrong with this. Someone want to check it against the HIG?

/me do it.

      * All buttons should have label and accelerator --> :-(
      * volume button is crack: it works like volume-applet, but it
        isn't an applet, it's a button, so it should work as all other
        buttons --> remove it and use a slider?
      * Single column lists should have header only if "user may wish to
        re-order the list" :-| and all lists should have a label (above
        or left) with an access key to focus list :-@ --> I think can we
        break this guidelines (it's dialog window design, someone should
        talk about it with HIG writers)
      * sliders should have a label as above

Personal taste:
      * move shuffle repeat to right, so you can use label (to left) to
        show menu item's tooltips

--
Think bigger

			My uncle