Re: Proposed: evolution

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 09:50 -0600, Ryan McDougall wrote:
> FWIW, I think Evo should go in with a promise to integrate FileChoose
> before the next release. To be honest, I had no idea there even was a
> file chooser in Evo!
>
> Its too important to leave out. I agree with Jeff.

But done incorrectly (like at least it seems to be in Fedora Core
3test1) it is a true pita for many tasks.

I have a directory of logs at /opt/app/logs and file format is
YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.log.

Sometimes I'm asked for the logs of a certain period and currently
that's a true hell.

Previously I had a prompt with tab expansion that would let me select
timeslots very easily. Now I have to click around a lot taking more than
thrice of the time. TRUE PITA :)

Is there a way to get a prompt by changing something? I tried to find
but didn't have any success. The closes I got was C-l, but this is only
good for one file only.

Can't multiple files be easily selected in another way? Is FileChooser
that much more broken? I thought I saw decent prompts in the
screnshots...

Rui

+ So let's do it...?